Why Parma in 2019?
We all love a good parmigiana, that’s for sure. But a tasty dish cannot be the reason why thousands of people banded in 2018 to participate in Parma for a Farmer. So why are we running this campaign?
Aside from being a fantastic revenue raiser, excellent example of corporate social responsibility, and of course a good excuse for eating some delicious morsels, Parma for a Farmer comes from a place of heart.
The Realities of Drought
It can be difficult to truly comprehend the effects of drought living in a thriving city environment. In a city, we see a day of rain followed by green grass and a fresh scent in the air and it can be easy to assume that it is the norm Australia-wide.
Daily life for our rural communities is far from this.
- Farmers struggle with limited or no fodder available to feed their animals
- Lack of water means many rural communities go without clean drinking water and essentials for hygienic practices for extended periods of time
- Mental welfare of farmers is at a low, with issues of family separation, farm eviction, domestic assault and substance abuse being of concern.
- Many farmers find themselves upwards of 100kms from any mental health service, increasing the isolation, loneliness, depression, and lack of connection to community felt.
- Many farmers find themselves in a position that due to drought and rising costs of resources, they are unable to receive income from their farms. This in turn creates a lack of spending in towns, which creates overall hardships for rural communities.
What can we do to help?
Parma for a Farmer, mate! Simply donating a dollar for every chicken parmigiana or buying a parma from a participating venue can make the world of difference.
Why, that buys one small haybale for a farmer, and $100 feeds a cow for one week!
Hey, that gets a struggling farming family a hamper of supplies from their local supermarket – driving funds back into the community!
Holy Smokes! That allows 11,500 litres of water to be delivered to a farm within 100kms of the collection point!
Awesome sauce! You’ve just bought a truck load of hay for our farmers to feed their stock!
Phwoooaaahhhhh, you’ve just bought a semi-trailer worth of hay to transport to an affected area, my friend.
Every cent raised can provide something of value to our farmers and rural communities.
Why I am doing this again? (for the people in the back)
Everyone has their reasons for raising money for Rural Aid. Some have been personally affected by the drought or have seen loved ones personally affected. Some have heard about it on tv and want to help where they can. Some might see their food suppliers struggle and want to help them out a bit more. For some it might be a great way to connect to customers and engage them with a community focus. There are so many great reasons to do Parma for a Farmer! So, let’s do it together for our rural communities.
Chat to us today to get started with the campaign and let us know why it means something to you.